When it comes to your health, it’s better to be safe than sorry. If you have an injury, illness, or condition that requires prompt attention but isn’t life-threatening or a medical emergency, an urgent care center can provide a welcome alternative to a time-consuming and costly visit to a hospital emergency department. Our centers provide care to walk-in patients for conditions including:
- Strains and sprains: Minor strains and sprains can be addressed by a medical professional at an urgent care facility. If you’re not sure whether you have a sprain or a fracture, an urgent care clinician can perform an examination and make appropriate treatment recommendations.
- Minor cuts and burns: Cuts and burns that cannot be adequately treated at home can be addressed by urgent care professionals.
- Colds and other respiratory infections: Time is the only true cure for the common cold. Still, a cold with unusually strong or persistent symptoms may warrant a trip to the urgent care center. A clinician can provide recommendations on how to alleviate troublesome symptoms, and can prescribe treatment for other respiratory or related illness, such as bronchitis, sinusitis, and strep throat.
Beyond those examples, our urgent care centers can manage a wide array of other common health complaints. However, it is important to understand which conditions warrant calling 911. If you, a loved one, or someone else you know is experiencing any of the following, dial 911 immediately (do not drive to the hospital yourself):
- Chest pain
- Confusion and dizziness
- Sudden weakness, loss of sensation or paralysis, slurred speech or blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe injury, including trauma to the head or spinal cord
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Any other condition that you feel may be life threatening or represent a significant danger to health.
If you are uncertain whether a condition can be appropriately treated in an urgent care setting, feel free to call one of our centers for guidance:
Hewitt – 973-728-5930
Our centers are go-to locations for many area families, who build close, ongoing relationships with our physicians and nurse practitioners and rely on those clinicians for everything from sports physicals for their children to management of chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure.
We have experience caring for patients of all ages, and are committed to providing patients not only with excellent care, but also with the education and counseling needed to protect and promote their well-being.
Vaccinations and immunizations
We offer vaccination and immunization against a range of infectious diseases, including:
- Influenza (flu shots)
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Measles, mumps, and rubella
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Hepatitis A and B
The Sovereign Difference in Urgent Care
Whether you walk in to one of our urgent care centers for prompt attention to a minor injury or see us on a regular basis for management of a chronic condition, you can expect:
- High-quality, compassionate care from a physician or nurse practitioner with extensive experience in treating a wide array of complaints and conditions;
- To receive care in a modern, spotless facility that not only is convenient to you, but that also offers a comforting, re-assuring environment; and,
- To have your concerns addressed and your questions answered, and to be given the information you need to protect and promote your health and well-being.