As leaders in same-day surgery, we put you first.
SurgiCare of Jersey City is a fully accredited, Medicare-approved ambulatory surgical center that offers top-notch medical care in a warm, inviting setting.
Our hours of operation are:
- Monday: 7 am – 3 pm
- Tuesday: 7 am – 3 pm
- Wednesday: 7 am – 3 pm
- Thursday: 7 am – 3 pm
- Friday: 7 am – 3 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
John H. Hajjar, MD, FACS, MBA
Why choose a same-day surgical center?
- Safety— Studies show that serious postsurgical complications are extremely rare after surgery performed at a same-day surgical center.1 Additionally, rates of postsurgical infections are 50% lower at same-day surgery centers, compared with hospital-based surgery. And in many cases, localized anesthesia can be used instead of general anesthesia, thus lowering the risk of adverse effects from anesthesia.
- Board Certified Anesthesiologists- Our team is ready to provide General, Sedation, and Regional Anesthesia for your surgery. Rest assured that you will be safe, and have no lasting effects.
- Cost— Because same-day surgery centers don’t assess the operating room, overnight admission and floor charges common at hospitals, most procedures are less costly. As a result, your copay could be hundreds of dollars lower whether you have commercial insurance or Medicare.
- Convenience— We’re nearby. We’re small and specialized, so you won’t wait months for your procedure. And we have a complete imaging center on the premises, so you won’t have to go off-site
- Aetna Better Health
- Americhoice/United Community Plan
- Empire United Healthcare
- First MCO
- Horizon BCBS
- Horizon Casualty
- Horizon NJ Health
- United Health Care
- United Health Care Medicare
We are proud to offer our patients and their friends/families:
- A highly trained team of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, surgical technicians, and administrative personnel all dedicated to your care and well-being
- A spotless, comfortable Center with 3 operating rooms, 4 preoperative bays, and 6 post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) bays.
- A Center licensed by the State of New Jersey and accredited by the Joint Commission.
- Ability to arrange transportation to and from Center.
- Free, on-site parking
- A comfortable waiting area with snacks, coffee, tea, and free Wi-Fi.
We are grateful that you and your doctor have chosen our Center for your upcoming procedure. We look forward to seeing you, and as your procedure approaches, one of our nurses will be in touch to obtain information that will enable us to provide you with the best possible care.
John H Hajjar, MD